With the support of Charitable Organization “Network of 100 percent of life in Rivne” within the framework of the project “Ensuring the protection of the rights of palliative patients based on public organization working in the field of palliative care” with the financial support of the European Union, a project on advocacy for the interests of palliative patients and their families in Odessa Oblast “Consolidation of the civil society of the Odessa region for the protection of the rights of patients with palliative status and members of their families” was completed on time and in full
The implementation of the project was carried out by the NGO “ELEOS” in cooperation with the public associations of Odessa:
Charitable Foundation “Planet of Good People”, NGO “Mutual Support Club “Life Plus”,”Special Children”, “Sun Circle”, “Faith. Hope. Love “, ” Together for Life ” with participation: NGOs “Dialysis”, “Era of Mercy” and Charitable Foundation “Bee”
, as well as the public from other regions of the Odessa region and Ukraine:
NGO “Hand of help” (Lyubashevka city), “Baltsky District Organization of Persons with Disabilities” (Balta), “Analytical Center” (Izmail), “Philadelphia” (Sergiyivka city), “Ananivska district public organization of invalids All-Ukrainian organization of invalids “Union of organizations of invalids of Ukraine” (Ananev city), NGO “Eleos-Ukraine” (Kiev city).
Given the families of palliative patients, the need for palliative care services in the Odessa region can be estimated at 82 932 people, which is about 3,48% of the oblast population. This is the main target group to which the activities of the project are directed.
The aim of the project is to improve the quality of life of palliative patients by advocating their rights, interests and needs, through constructive interaction between the public and authorities and local self-government aimed at developing palliative care in the Odessa region
List of publications, materials in the media about project activities:
|Event date||Name of publication||Source||Reference|
|19.04.2017||Briefing about the start of a project||Facebook page of ELEOS||https://goo.gl/b8KH5E|
|information agency «Одесса-медиа»||https://youtu.be/WpyCRu_qOng|
|24.04.2017||Public action to protect the rights of palliative patients||Facebook page of ELEOS||https://goo.gl/ZdQA9C|
|information agency «Одесса-медиа»||https://youtu.be/2mHYxsl5EQg|
|16.05.2017||Session №6 of the working group at the regional state administration||Facebook page of ELEOS||https://goo.gl/vwX81a|
|24.05.2017||Seminar of NGO “ELEOS” for doctors of the Odessa region||https://goo.gl/dif1Eb|
|29.05.2017||Conference “The role of the public in the development of palliative care in the Odessa region”||https://goo.gl/s2yHSQ|
|information agency «Одесса-медиа»||https://goo.gl/XURzjS|
|01.06.2017||Working meeting with the leadership of Velikomikhaliv district||Facebook page of ELEOS||https://goo.gl/KMFf88|
|The newspaper “Ednist” of Velikomikhaylivsky district number 44-45 for June 9, 2017||https://goo.gl/Xu GqPz|
|02.06.2017||Working meeting with the activists of the Balta city and the Balta District||Facebook page of ELEOS||https://goo.gl/NaCMZR|
|06.06.2017||Working meeting with the activist of the city of Dobroslav||https://goo.gl/tPTYmv|
|15.06.2017||Picket under the state administration||https://goo.gl/Z2Psu4|
|Author’s report on “Dumsky-TV”||https://goo.gl/oM84cF|
|Reportage on the TV Channel “1-st City”||https://youtu.be/_RyQgFmcs4I|
|21.06.2017||Session №7 of the working group at the regional state administration||Facebook page of ELEOS||https://goo.gl/hsvddm|
|12.07.2017||Visit of NGO “ELEOS” to children hous in Belgorod-Dniester||https://goo.gl/puH3wb|
|17.08.2017||Working meeting of project partners||https://goo.gl/8MTzp3|
|01.09.2017||All-regional charity action “Children instead of flowers”||https://goo.gl/W16RGv|
|19.09.2017||Reporting conference on the results of the project||announcement of the conference in the media||https://2event.com/uk/events/986024|
|Facebook page of ELEOS||https://goo.gl/gUSyP1|
|information agency «Одесса-медиа»||https://goo.gl/fTUiBu|
|25.09.2017||Briefing on the project results||Facebook page of ELEOS||https://goo.gl/144FJo|
|official website of the newspaper “Odesskaya Pravda”||https://goo.gl/mBHj7f|
|info portal Оdessit.in.ua||https://goo.gl/pLDjUy|
|information agency «Одесса-медиа»||https://goo.gl/Jfzeyn|
The results of our project were a series of normative acts of local and regional authorities that essentially institutionalized palliative care in the Odesa region through its budget financing of $ 62.9 million UAH (corresponding to $ 2.33 million), namely:
- Decision No. 580-VII of 21.12.2017 “On Approval of the Regional Target Program” Available Medicine for 2018-2020″, which, in clause 2.5 “Provision of Palliative Care”, allocated 8 217 610 UAH for 3 years from the regional budget to “Purchase of medical equipment, medicines and improvement of the material and technical condition of the in-patient department and outpatient advisory service of palliative care”, while, in the opinion of the regional department of health care, “the development of palliative care will improve the quality of life of the patient with incurable mortal diseases (at the conditions of co-financing from the rayon budget at least 30%)”.
- Decision No. 575-VII of 21.12.2017 “On Approval of the Program of Socio-Economic and Cultural Development of the Odesa Region for 2018”, one of the priority directions in the humanitarian sphere of the region for 2018 is “to continue work on the creation and development of palliative and hospice help the population of the region “.
- Decision of the Velikomikhaylivka District Council “On Approval of the Regional Target Program for the Development of Palliative Care in Velikomikhaylivka District “Compassion and Mercy” for 2018-2020″ dated June 27, 2017, with funding of 9 148 674 UAH per 3 years, which provides for the creation of a palliative unit for 6 beds and an outpatient service at a district hospital and specialized department of palliative care at the district social service.
- Decision of the Balta District Council No. 211-VII dated August 28, 2017 “On Approval of the Targeted Program for the Development of Palliative Care in the Balta district for 2018-2020 “Compassion and Mercy” with funding of 15 540 500 UAH for 3 years, which provides for the creation of a palliative unit for 9 bed and an outpatient service at a district hospital and specialized department of palliative care at the district social service.
- Decision of the Liman District Council №269-VII dated September 27, 2017 “On Approval of the Regional Targeted Program for the Development of Palliative Care in the Liman District for 2018-2020” with a funding of 29 981 400 UAH for 3 years, which provides for the establishment of a palliative unit of 25 beds and an outpatient service at a district hospital and specialized department of palliative care at the district social service.
- On September 7, 2017, a public association “Regional association of communities for the observance of human rights of palliative patients” was created in Odesa Region (Enterprise code 11572736), which united public activists from about 20 public associations of the Odesa region in the field of palliative care.
- Cooperation of NGO ELEOS with the regional administration – 2 memorandums of intention with the departments of education and health have been concluded, – also provides for the establishment in early 2018 of the Regional Coordinating Council for palliative care to the people of the Odessa region under Governor M. Stepanov.
Congratulations, ladies and gentlemen!